Monday, March 24, 2008

Another year has passed

A year has passed since I decided to start this blog. A year ago I though of this as a project, but it was not. It's a hobby. A year ago I was thinking of making a project plan for this blog, but how could I do a project plan for a hobby? And that's what has been taking all this time.

But I have not forgotten the idea. How could I forget a hobby?

Actually, this was just another year that passed. The hobby started around April 8, 1997 when a made a summary of Nonaka's article The Knowledge-Creating Company in Harvard Business Review. Since then I have been collecting these best practices. For some years now I have been planning to put them on paper. I decided to document them here virtually instead. They are usefull in my work, and I am more than happy if somebody else finds them usefull in his/her work also.

I am not worried at all about the slowness of the start. During this year I have collected more best practices and this week I finally realized how all the pieces fit togehter. Besides, one of my favorite novelist, Milan Kundera in his novel Slowness says

There is a secret bond between slowness and memory, between speed and forgetting.

I may have been slow, but I have had my sensors out and I remember more of what I have read. My concious became clean when I realized this is part of my life long learning - not a project, and thus there is no schedule and there are no dead lines!

Nevertheless I intend to post more frequently in the future.


0 comments: