Friday, May 16, 2008

Personal MBA

Post graduate studies have tempted me ever since I graduated from the university. I have had an urge to combine theory and practice. Earlier I did not have sufficient time for that (and was too busy with the practice), but now I have found a way

This blog is my personal MBA
- one page at a time.


There is a whole community of like-minded people out there. The Personal MBA (PMBA) is a project designed to help you educate yourself about advanced business concepts. It is easy to substantially increase your knowledge of business on your own time and with little cost, all without setting foot inside a classroom.

I am not actually following them literally, nor reading all the books they recommend. But I share their ideology. And that's what matters.

And yes, I read a lot on my own time, just take a look on how my bedside table looked yesterday. OK, I cleaned up a little bit, but all those books and magazines where actually there.

What unifies us is the inbuilt need for Life Long Learning, which is also my personal Mission. I truly believe that learning must start within yourself. Only by first developing yourself, you can start to develop and improve bigger entities – your team, your unit, your company, our planet.

It's all up to you. And who could say it better than Peter F Drucker

“Knowledge can’t be taught, but it can be learned”

Here’s a list of the books on my bed side table at the moment.

Zen Lessons - The Art of Leadership by Thomas Cleary

Meaning, Inc - The Blueprint for Business Success in the 21st Century by Gurnek Bains

Made to Stick - Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die by Chip Heat & Dan Heat

Execution - The Discipline of Getting Things Done by Larry Bossidy, Ram Charan, and Charles Burck

The Pilates Method of Physical and Mental Conditioning by Philip Friedman and Gail Eisen

Latest Harvard Business Review and one earlier issue

A small book of Sudoku to reboot my brain after too much reading...

0 comments: